To our patients at Horizons Dental:
We are happy to announce our office will re-open starting May 18, 2020!
Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed due to the COVID-19 crisis, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Horizons Dental follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We are up to date on any new rulings or guidelines that may be issued. We do this to ensure our infection control measures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. The following changes will be implemented starting May 18, 2020:
- Our office will ask you a series of screening questions 24 hrs. prior to your appointment AND upon your appointment arrival.
- Contact-less payments are preferred and should be arranged via phone call prior to your arrival.
- Please wear a face mask to your appointment.
- Only one parent/guardian is allowed to wait in our waiting room while minor undergoes treatment. Parents/guardians will not be allowed into the treatment room with the patient being treated.
- Caregivers of elderly or disabled patients must escort the patient into our office but cannot wait in our waiting room while the patient is being treated. Our office will contact you via phone call when the patient’s treatment is completed and you can escort the patient out.
- Your temperature will be taken before one of our staff members escorts you to the treatment room. Before you are seated, we will also ask that you wash your hands at one of our sinks.
- You will be asked to use an anti-septic mouth rinse (provided by our office) before your procedure in order to reduce risk of possible contaminants.
In effort to implement these new guidelines, we are prioritizing dental care to those with urgent needs and treatment that eventually may become emergencies. Thus, appointment times will be limited.
Routine check up and cleaning appointments will not resume until after Monday, August 3, 2020. Check up and cleaning appointments scheduled before August 3, 2020 will be automatically cancelled and will need to be re-scheduled on or after August 3, 2020 by calling our office.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all adjust to this new norm and look forward to better days ahead!
Horizons Dental Team